Shipping Containers vs. Pods – Austin, Texas
TexBox Storage Containers gets multiple calls every week from customers who want to rent or buy a "pod". Most customers are not aware of the differences between our on-site storage containers and the white "pods" leased buy another company.
PODS® is a actually registered trademark of PODS® Enterprises, Inc., but the term pod is slowly becoming the general public's way of describing an on-site storage container.
TexBox Storage Containers leases shipping containers for on-site storage in Austin, Texas and the surrounding area, not the white "pods" many customers have called about.
Here is a list of the major differences:
Construction and Security
- Shipping containers are built around a steel frame capable of supporting a 67,200 lb load
- The exterior panels are constructed from 12-16 gauge steel
- The doors are sealed with a rubber gasket and locked with four exterior locking bars
- A metal lockbox is attached for extra security
- According to the PODS® website, “PODS containers are made of a steel frame with specially designed, aluminum skin panels. The top is a translucent durable polymer material that allows ambient light to pass through and illuminate the inside of the container. Plus, there is a light-weight steel roll up door.”
- TexBox Storage Containers currently leases 20 ft containers for $69 per month
- According to a representative from PODS®, the monthly lease rate for a 16 ft pod as of January, 2012 in Austin, Texas was $139.95 per month plus tax.
- Shipping containers are available in 20ft and 40 ft lengths
- According to the PODS® website, PODS® are available in 7ft, 12ft, and 16 ft lengths